Talon/LPE maintains a fully-equipped Environmental Field Services division that is staffed with experienced, well-trained operators and crew members. Talon/LPE field personnel receive DOT-OQ, Competent Person Excavation Safety, and OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER training on an annual basis.
Our Environmental Field Services division offers a wide range of services to support our diverse clients. A clear understanding of the environmental industry and the governing regulations is the key component that sets Talon/LPE’s Environmental Field Services apart from other contractors.
Talon/LPE is licensed to transport non-hazardous wastes from the point of generation to the disposal facility. In the event of hazardous waste, Talon/LPE utilizes licensed, bonded, and certified hazardous waste transporters. This gives our clients peace of mind knowing that their waste is being transported and disposed of properly with all of the necessary documentation.
UST / AST REMOVAL
Talon/LPE performs the removal and in-place closure of underground storage tanks (UST) and aboveground storage tanks (AST). When impacts to soil and groundwater are suspected, Talon/LPE will conduct the necessary investigation, remediation, and closure activities. If a reimbursement program is in place for your state, Talon/LPE will complete all required documents requesting payment.
MDPE is also known as multi-phase extraction or vacuum-enhanced extraction. Talon/LPE has over 35 years of combined experience conducting MDPE services. Talon/LPE’s MDPE services include:
- Dual Phase Extraction (removal of both contaminated liquid and soil vapor)
- Single Phase Extraction (removal of only soil vapor)
- On-site Water Filtration (up to 50gpm)
- Sampling ( effluent vapor and effluent water)
Talon/LPE offers on-site soil shredding services for the treatment of soils impacted by hydrocarbons and other compounds.
Soil shredding is a process by which impacted soil is mechanically broken down into an unconsolidated state to aerate the soil and allow for maximum surface contact with the selected amendments or remediation compounds. The unconsolidated soil is then ejected from the equipment at a high rate of speed.
As the material exits the equipment, various liquid amendments or remediation compounds can be applied through a spray bar system. The spray application is a variable rate system which can be adjusted based on the contaminant concentrations in the soil and the type of amendment being applied.
Other services include, but are not limited to:
- Excavation & Earth Crushing, Screening, and Moving
- Crude Oil Remediation of Soil, Groundwater, and Surface Water
- Mercury Remediation and Disposal
- Pit Closures
- Product Removal and Remediation for Soil and Groundwater
- Disposal and Transportation of Soil Impacted by:
- Hydrocarbons Affiliated with Upstream Oil and Gas
- Tank Battery Dismantlement and Remediation
- Roll-Off Boxes
- Transportation of Roll-Off Boxes