Helping the environment doesn’t have to be anything drastic. So much of what we can do to help the environment has to deal with our everyday actions. We incorporate so many harmful materials into our every day routines that we often don’t realize how much damage we are actually doing.
34 Simple Changes to a Cleaner Environment
1. Reduce the amount of paper you use on a daily basis
2. Carpool or walk to work
3. Use a microwave instead of the oven, as the oven uses more energy
4. Recycle whenever and wherever you can
5. Reuse office supplies like paperclips, envelopes, etc.
6. Water your yard early in the morning to conserve water
7. Be conscious of water use when washing dishes, brushing your teeth, etc.
8. Turn the lights off when you leave a room
9. Only run the dishwasher when it is fully loaded
10. Adjust your thermostat when you are not home
11. Ditch your old windows and replace them with energy-efficient windows
12. Repurpose your food waste
13. Get rid of your gym membership and exercise outside
14. Support eco-friendly companies
15. Use rechargeable batteries
16. Check to see if your home has any water leaks
17. Bring your own bags to the grocery store
18. Ditch the plastic and get a reusable bottle
19. Purchase products in bulk to prevent an excess of wasteful plastic packaging
20. Print as little as possible
21. Recycle old printer cartridges
22. Invest in home insulation to eliminate energy used when heating
23. Use reusable cups, straws, utensils, etc.
24. Wash only full loads of laundry and stop washing half-full loads
25. Clean the lint filter in your dryer to eliminate excess energy usage
26. Use reusable food storage in stead of plastic wrap or baggies
27. Unplug appliances and tools not being used
28. Replace your light bulbs with energy efficient bulbs
29. Borrow books from your local library instead of purchasing them
30. Start a garden and grow your own vegetables
31. Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins
32. Flush toilets as infrequently as possible
33. Replace the air filters in your home frequently
34. Use cold water when it can be replaced for hot
At Talon/LPE, we try our hardest to be good stewards of the land. That’s why it’s so important that we all chip in and do the most we can to impact the environment. At Talon/LPE, we focus on a cleaner environment everyday. Everyone has the ability to make a difference. Make that difference be you.
We're hiring! Apply to work with us today to help make the earth a better place.